A thousand participants – unlimited possibilities
The Finnish Rural Parliament is organised for the first time to this extent. It takes place in Leppävirta, North Savo, on 1–3 September 2017. A thousand people are expected to attend the Rural Parliament from all over Finland.
The theme for the three-day event is “making impossible possible” and the aim is
- to create a common vision for rural development
- to identify rural growth paths
- to promote business, projects and social innovations in the countryside
- to get people networking and excited and encouraging them to talk about important issues in a relaxed atmosphere
- to celebrate the countryside of the 100-year-old Finland and
- to raise key issues and rural possibilities to the political agenda.
It is a forum for everyone interested in rural development, including rural residents and decision-makers, associations and entrepreneurs, researchers and developers and funders, villages and towns.
We invite you to come and join us to discuss openly about difficult issues and seek solutions and promote opportunities in the countryside for the benefit of the whole of Finland!
The Finnish Rural Parliament 2017 is part of Finland’s centenary celebration programme.